Add to your favorites this recipe
Print this recipe
Send to friend
Quinoa Breakfast Cereal
Ingredients 1 cup dry quinoa yields approximately 3 cups cooked
1. 3/4 c water sea salt (alkaline salt)
Rinse the quinoa: pour the grains into a fine-meshed strainer set over a large clear or white bowl and run water over it.
2. Swish the grains around with your hand. Raise the strainer. If the water is clear and
there are no bubbles, no more rinsing is needed. If the water is cloudy or sudsy, first
check the grains closely and remove any twigs or other foreign matter.
3. Return the strainer to the bowl and fill it with clean water.
4. Rub the grains gently against the strainer.
5. Lift the strainer and empty the bowl.
6. Fill with fresh water and repeat until the water remains clear and there are no bubbles
on the surface. (Red and black quinoa may bleed color, not to be mistaken with dirt
or other impurities.) Allow quinoa to dry in strainer.
7. Toast rinsed and dried quinoa in a small saucepan (whatever you would use to cook rice) on medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until a nutty aroma leaves the pan. Have the pot of simmering water or stock (1 � c) on another burner.
8. Once the grain smells toasty (about 2 min or so), carefully pour the hot water slowly into the pan with the quinoa (do this slowly or it will boil over). Add a good pinch of salt. Reduce to a simmer over low heat, and cook for approximately 15-17 minutes, until water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork and salt/season as desired.
Comments: No comments for this recipe were posted.
SEARCH LINKS Acid Alkaline Diet Simplified! - Home Study Course